6 Surefire Ways to Impress the Higher-Ups at Work
Based on her experience dealing with higher-ups across a wide variety of industrities, these are several common similarities that they use to identify talent:
- Learn Quickly and Bring Results: Be enthusiastic, use your smarts, rise to a challenge and be 'sponge'.
- Read the Room and Be Confident: Speak deliberately and with precision and insight. Don't be timid or arrogant, but, rather, inquisitive and tactful.
- Civility First: Always be respectful of others' opinions while remaining calm and concise.
- Learn the Art of Story Telling: Tell a tight, compelling story that is well thought-out and expressed concisely.
- Do More: If you see something that needs to get done - do it!
- Learn Time Management - Of Other People: When talking with higher-ups, choose topics of importance to them and be concise.
To read the entire article, you can go to: http://time.com/money/5201849/how-to-impress-higher-ups-at-work/